Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle!!

By The Numbers...


So, I haven't been on here since February 6th...and I've missed blogging about my foodie adventures in the kitchen, so it's great to be back!!


My son broke his leg and had emergency surgery on February 9th...I spent 12 days in Utah helping him through the ordeal, and when I got back, life got away from me.  So I made the decision that I was going to get back at this, because honestly, I have really missed it!


Remember way back when, in January, when I first started this blogging adventure??  I shared that I had started the P90X workout series at work, and at that time made the decision to change the way we eat, how I had been cooking, and to share those adventures with anyone who cared to take a look...


After 90 days of the workout program including the changed diet...
Here's the update for you, by the numbers:
Pounds lost=26
Inches lost=15.75
Blood Pressure=100/76  (used to average 140/110)
Cholesterol =167  (was 204 a year ago)
All other numbers are in range...just don't remember the details!!


I am proud to say that I have never felt better in my adult life.  I have made the decision to continue the P90X series of workouts, and I have continued to develop recipes that are mostly carb free, high in lean protein, low in fat and include lots of great options for those of you who hate to diet.  It can be done, you don't have to give up on tasty meals...nor do you have to give up on meals you enjoy when dining out.


We follow this simple motto:
Do your best, forget the rest!!


What this means for us is that we make an effort every day to exercise, eat healthy, and take care of ourselves.  We also remember that it's important to take those days for enjoyment, too...we dine out occasionally~having our favorite Mexican or Sushi dishes.  Everything in moderation and you don't have to cut anything out.


I have about 8 recipes to post, so check back later this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment